Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Community Forum Solution
phpBB is used by millions, making it the most used Open Source forum solution in the world. phpBB incorporates a professional-quality modular design, high security, multiple-language interface and an extensive administration panel, which allows the customization of even the most intricate features.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- phpBB configurations:
- Installed from package management. See /var/www for links to file paths.
- Uploading of avatars is supported, and enabled by default.
- Setup an example forum, including welcome post displaying default login credentials.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port
12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery, notifications).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP and MySQL.
- Note, you may not be able to access the moderator control panel if you delete all forums (e.g., the example forum). See this thread for details.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, Adminer: username root
- phpBB: username admin