Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Object-relational Database System
PostgreSQL is a fully featured object-relational database with many enterprise features: ACID transactions, inheritance, unicode and strong support for the SQL-92 standard including subqueries, views, outer joins, foreign keys, sequences and triggers. It is also highly extensible and allows users to define internal functions in C, C++, Java, Perl, TCL, Python, Ruby, PHP and PL/PgSQL.
Run from browser:
In comparison with MySQL, PostgreSQL is more fully featured and consistent, and has better support for large multi-processor environments.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- PHPPgAdmin administration frontend for PostgreSQL (listening on port 443 - uses SSL).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP and PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL is configured to listen on its default port (5432/tcp) on all interfaces by default, and accept connections from all hosts. In a production environment, it is recommended to limit incoming connections to specific hosts by configuring Host and User access in /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/pg_hba.conf.
- PostgreSQL password encryption enabled by default (security).
- The postgres user is trusted when connecting over local unix sockets (convenience).
- PostGIS support.
- Webmin, SSH: username root
- postgresql, phppgadmin: username postgres