Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Open, distributed microblogging
StatusNet (formerly Laconica) provides microblogging functionality similar to Twitter. It uses an open, distributed design that allows enterprises and individuals to install and control their own services and data while integrating with other StatusNet instances, SMS, Twitter, Facebook and XMPP IM clients such as Google Talk.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/statusnet
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, phpMyAdmin: username root