Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Java Servlet and JSP Platform
Tomcat is a servlet container that implements the Java Servlet and the JavaServer Pages (JSP) specifications, and provides a "pure Java" HTTP web server environment for Java code to run in. Tomcat powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations.
Run from browser:
This appliance configures Tomcat as a standalone application server (I.e., without an external web server). A Tomcat on Apache Appliance is also available for integrations requiring a fully-featured web server.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from package management
- Using OpenJDK Java runtime
- Web applications in /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps
- Includes TurnKey web control panel
- Created Tomcat admin/manager roles and admin user
- Bind Tomcat HTTP connector to port 80 (default: 8180)
- Bind SSL interface to port 443 (default: 8443)
- Disabled AJP connector on port 8009 (security)
- Tomcat and Java environment variables configuration system wide
- Includes MySQL
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Tomcat administration applications: username admin