Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
web2py is a free open source framework for rapid development of fast, scalable, secure and portable database-driven web-based applications. Written and programmable in Python. It includes a web-based IDE that helps you create, modify, deploy and manage application from anywhere using your browser.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- web2py configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/web2py
- Serve web2py applications with WSGI on Apache.
- Force admin console to be served via SSL.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, MySQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root