In another thread it was mentioned that a syslog server would be a cool idea. I use them alot to monitor anything from routers to servers and they can be a powerful tool to keep you up to date when you manage many sites or even if you have many devices to monitor.
I am contemplating creating one from TKL LAMP stack (if I use a database) and would like to hear from anyone interested in this feature. Please add your RFF here and I will start researching!
- Highly configurable email alerts
- Delivery rules based on IP address
- alert level
- increase in volume
- abnormal conditions
- and SMS alerts (would require a provider or GSM modem)
- Customisable error levels
- auto archiving features
- auto report generation
- up and downlink speeds
- Tons of reports
- Design web GUI from scratch
- Heaps more but I want to hear from others