Phis Phanatic's picture

I was wondering if it could be possible to create an appliance for the EverGreen open source library system. I think It might play well with some people. If not, thanks for your time.

Here is a link
http://www.open-ils.org/

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

I took a brief look at EverGreen and though it is possible we will eventually get to this, currently it is a low priority for the following reasons:

1) Evergreen is not being packaged by Debian or Ubuntu. This complicates installation and support. No automatic security updates.

2) Very small niche application that is unlikely to interest many users. Probably that is why it isn't being packaged by Debian/Ubuntu.

Cheers

Phis Phanatic's picture

Thanks for looking into this. I hope to see it sometime. I can understand your meaning. Thank you! Is there a open library system for Ubuntu/Debian?
Jeremy Davis's picture

Just came across your unanswered post and thought I'd chime in...

I think that Liraz's above points still stand. However if you really want to this pushed ahead then how about rolling up your sleeves and having a crack yourself? Now that TKL's build infrastructure has been opened up, anyone can create their own TKL appliance ISO and contribute the build back to the community.

Liraz Siri's picture

That would be awesome. I'd like to encourage you to explore TKLDev. It's designed to make the appliance development process as easy and rapid as possible and it's what we use ourselves to maintain 100+ TurnKey apps so it has to be pretty efficient or we would go crazy.

If you have any questions or need guidance we'll be happy to help. Also, we're interested any feedback you can provide on the development process, things you found difficult or confusing, or that slowed you down - we can use it to make improvements to TKLDev itself and/or to the documentation to streamline the development process for everyone.

Add new comment