Alan McAlexander's picture

I've been diving into centralized logging quite a bit recently, for home and work. One thing that really bugs me is finding a really good solution that's fairly straight forward to install. I've found Kabana and I like the gui, find it quite easy to manage and customize, but it's a REAL pain to install. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have to install elasticsearch, LogStash (which is a pain in itself) and then Kabana. Everything has to be setup just so, or there are some funky errors. I've only managed to get it working lately as I usually don't have the right package, or a link is missing, or something else is small.

So my request is to see if the fine folks at TurnKey can do something like this as a distro? I know I'm not the only one out there having this big of an issue.

Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Some timee ago a number of community members were talking about it, but I don't think anything ver got released. Did you document your install? If so posting it here (or somewhere) might be useful in development toward an official appliance...

Jeremy Davis's picture

There has been plenty of discussion but no one has actually built it yet sorry...

Add new comment