nhat nguyen's picture

Hi All,

I am pretty new at this, so please be 'kind' if my question souds dumb !

I am trying to run both XP and LAMP on my computer.  I have partitioned two drives (c: and f:) both NTFS and installed XP on c: drive.  I've downloaded LAMP from turnkey, but have no idea how to install it !  I got both the .zip and .iso files.  Please give me detail instructions if you can help.  thanks much in advance.

Forum: 
Neil Aggarwal's picture

Appliances are a full install of an Ubuntu operating system.  They do not install directly in XP.

You can configure XP on your first hard drive and the appliance on your second hard drive.  Then, you will have to configure dual boot to allow you to choose which one to boot into when you turn on your computer.

You can also use VMWare on your XP machine to run the appliance in a virtual machine.

nhat nguyen's picture

Ok. that makes more sense.  I thought that the LINUX OS was included in the LAMP.

Thanks

nhat nguyen's picture

Ok. that makes more sense.  I thought that the LINUX OS was included in the LAMP.

Thanks

Jeremy Davis's picture

I think it would make more sense to install it virtually using VMware or VirtualBox. If you just want to have a play I'd lean towards VirtualBox for ease of use. OTOH if you wish to use it lots, then VMware Server is probably a better option as it has easily comfigurable options for auto start of VMs and has a web based interface which is handy for administering from other computers. Both are free (of cost) although you will need to register to download VMware Server.

Good luck!

Add new comment