Charles's picture

I choose to install the Moodle 11.0 instead of the legacy moodle vm to test the newest versions of the OS and the new version of Moodle.  I would like to install VM ware tools, but keep hitting road blocks.  Has anyone been successful with this or maybe could help.

Thanks.

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

We will be releasing VMDK and OVF versions of 11.0 in the next couple of days which includes pre-installed slimmed down vmware-tools, so if you want to wait that would be easiest.

OTOH, if you don't want to wait, I just synced our custom vmware-tools to the package archive, so you could install them like follows (using our packages will save you from compiling the kernel modules and lots of bloat):

apt-get update
apt-get install vmware-tools vmware-tools-kmod-2.6.32-26-generic

You will need to start the vmware-tools service, as well restart networking so the vmxnet module will be used. If in doubt, reboot.

L. Arnold's picture

I am getting these errors through the install:

Cant open /scripts/Casper-Functions

I saw this just now at install with "system updates".  Anything to look at?

Installed to VMWARE via ISO.

thank you for any thoughts here.

Jeremy Davis's picture

In my experience Linux is pretty verbose in what it complains about, and for a VM I would not think that anything to do with Casper would be a problem. Casper is what sets up the live environment (when running from a live CD as opposed to when it's installed). So unless you are seeing any other issues you should be all good.

Charles's picture

That worked great.  Thanks so much.

Later

Add new comment