Cowboy's picture

Hi everybody,

I am running the redmine appliance on a server. Everything works nicely, I just wanted to install a plugin which is not compatible with the redmine version - I am running 2.2.3 and the plugin needs at least 2.3. The most recent redmine version from the 2.x branch is 2.6.3.

So my intention is to update redmine from version 2.2.3 to 2.6.3 which I have to do manually since TKL does not provide newer packages (I think - correct me if I am wrong!)

Since the server is a live system I wanted to try the update process in a safe environment. So I did a dd of the running server and converted the image to a vdi file to use with Virtualbox. That worked nicely, the system boots up and the TKL Configuration Console shows up. The network settings are still the old server's settings and I need to change that to my local computer's settings. Unfortunately, if I select either the DHCP or the manual method to set the adresses, I get the error

refusing to write to /etc/network/interfaces

header not found: # INCONFIGURED INTERFACES

So I left the Configuration Console to configure the stuff manually and here comes the weird part: I can not log in! Logging into my live server is no problem - loggin into the same system which I dd'd as described above is not possible:

Login incorrect

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards

Cowboy

Forum: 
Cowboy's picture

... I should have paid attention to the keyboard settings... I can log in.

Jeremy Davis's picture

It happens to the best of us! :)

Add new comment