Gonzalo Montana's picture

Hi all. This is my first post here.

After congratulate  turnkey  developers, impecable work, I would like to ask if anybody has a legacy appliance that can share with me. I am looking for tomcat6. I read that project run out of storage space already.

Thank you very much.

best regards

Gonzalo

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Unfortunately, we no longer have any v13.0 appliances around anymore. However, someone did report an old out of date mirror that still had some, but I can't find it now, and google isn't much help...

However, you should still be able to build it from scratch using TKLDev (although I haven't tested, so it's possible that it won't work).

What you'll need to do, is download and install TKLDev to a new VM. There is a doc page that covers that here. However, to build an old appliance, you'll need to insert a few additional steps.

First, change common to use the old code:

cd common
git checkout tags/13.0
If you want to try building core first to see if that will work, then checkout v13.0 there too:
cd core
git checkout tags/13.0
Then to build, you'll need to do this:
make clean
export RELEASE=debian/wheezy
make
Hopefully that should successfully build v13.0 Core.

Assuming you just want the standalone Tomcat appliance (if you want the Tomcat over Apache one, swap out 'tomcat' for 'tomcat-apache'), you just need to do something similar for tomcat:

cd products
git clone https://github.com/turnkeylinux-apps/tomcat
git checkout tags/13.0
export RELEASE=debian/wheezy
make

TBH, I'm not 100% sure that will still work, but hopefully it will! If you have troubles, please post back and I'll do my best to help you out.

Add new comment