Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance document-oriented NoSQL database system. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database, MongoDB stores structured data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas, making integration with certain types of applications easier and faster.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- MongoDB configurations:
- MongoDB installed and maintained through the package management system (mongodb package)
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/mongodb
- Configured with auth enabled (security).
- Configured to bind to all network interfaces (convenience).
- Includes MongoDB PHP bindings.
- Includes MongoDB Python bindings and iPython.
- RockMongo for web based administration.
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/rockmongo
- RockMongo is powered by Lighttpd with SSL support out-of-the-box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH: username root