Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Social networking engine
Elgg is an award-winning social networking engine, delivering the building blocks that enable businesses, schools, universities and associations to create their own fully-featured social networks and applications. It offers blogging, microblogging, file sharing, networking, groups and a number of other features.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Elgg configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/elgg
- SSL support out of the box.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port
12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, Adminer: username root
- Elgg: username admin