Sat, 2009/02/28 - 17:19
Release focus: security, usability, bugfixes and updates
- added SSL support
- includes phppgadmin (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL)
- set postgres password to "postgres" in live/demo mode
- support configuring postgresql password during installation
- postgres password encryption enabled by default (security)
- trust "postgres" user when connecting over local unix sockets (convenience)
- added Python and Perl support for apache2 and postgresql, so the P in our LAPP stack appliance now stands for Perl and Python in addition to PHP.
- updated apache2 "it works" page to provide more useful info/links
- added webmin PHP configuration module and increased default PHP limits (convenience)
Major component versions
Note: please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.