Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Simple Network Attached Storage
An easy to use file server that combines Windows-compatible network file sharing with a web based file manager. TurnKey File Server includes support for SMB, SFTP, NFS, WebDAV and rsync file transfer protocols. The server is configured to allow server users to manage files in private or public storage. Based on Samba and SambaDAV.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Webmin module for configuring Samba.
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- SambaDAV providing WebUI and WebDAV access.
- File server (Samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: FILESERVER
- Configured Samba and UNIX users/groups synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
- Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Configured shares:
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
- Access your files securely from anywhere via SambaDAV:
- web GUI access to your files, with online previews of major formats and drag-n-drop support.
- Pre-configured authentication (Samba).
- Pre-configured repositories (storage, user home directories).
- Default storage: /srv/storage
- Accessing file server via samba on the command line:
smbclient //18.104.22.168/storage -Uroot mount -t cifs //22.214.171.124/storage /mnt -o username=root,password=PASSWORD
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
- Web based file manager (SambaDAV):
- username root (or Samba users)
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 184.108.40.2069 with a valid IP or hostname.