Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Integrated SCM & Project Management
Redmine is a Rails web application that provides integrated project management features, issue tracking, and support for multiple version control programs. It includes calendar and gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. It also features multi-project support, role based access control, a per-project wiki, and project forums.
Run from browser:
The Redmine appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Redmine configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/redmine
- Supports Git, Bazaar, Mercurial and Subversion.
- Includes exemplary helloworld repositories.
- Loaded default roles, trackers, statuses, workflows and enumerations.
- Configured projects to use all available trackers (bug, feature, support).
- SSL support out of the box.
- Includes Phusion Passenger for Apache web server (mod_rails).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, MySQL and Postfix.
- Repository access:
Name Protocol access ---- --------------- Git git://addr/git Bazaar bzr://addr/bzr Subversion svn://addr/svn Mercurial http://addr:8080
Repositories are stored in /srv/repos.
- Recommended configurations:
- settings->hostname and path
- settings->email notifications
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for redmine:
Login as username admin
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 184.108.40.2069 with a valid IP or hostname.