Mon, 2009/03/30 - 17:56
Release focus: Initial release.
- Initial public release of TurnKey Linux phpBB
- SSL support out of the box
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email from phpBB (e.g., password recovery, notifications).
Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
- Improvements to default phpBB configuration
- phpBB board enabled by default
- Uploading of avatars is supported, and enabled by default
- Automatically install security updates directly from debian stable (security)
- Exemplary forum configuration, including welcome post displaying default login credentials
- Regenerate phpBB mysql password during installation (security)
- MySQL related
- Includes PhpMyAdmin (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL)
- Set empty MySQL root password in live/demo mode (for convenience)
- Support configuring MySQL root password during installation
Major component versions
Note: please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.