Wed, 2009/03/18 - 18:09
Release focus: Initial release.
- Initial public release of TurnKey Linux WordPress
- SSL support out of the box
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email from WordPress (e.g., password recovery).
Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
- Improvements to default WordPress configuration
- Uploading of media (images, videos, etc.) supported
- Permalinks configuration supported through admin console (convenience)
- Automatic plugin upgrades supported (convenience)
- Fixed password reset link bug (Debian #519798)
- Auto-install security updates directly from debian stable (security)
- Suppress annoying new version messages (updated directly from debian)
- wp_siteurl and wp_home are set automatically using HTTP_HOST
- Welcome post includes useful information and login credentials
- Regenerate WordPress secret key and its mysql password during installation (security)
- MySQL related
- Includes PhpMyAdmin (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL)
- Set empty MySQL root password in live/demo mode (for convenience)
- Support configuring MySQL root password during installation
Major component versions
Note: please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.