Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
ASP .NET on Apache with Mod Mono-
Free .NET hosting
Mono has an open source implementation of ASP.NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET AJAX that can be used to host ASP .NET web applications on Linux. This provides a great free alternative to Microsoft's .NET stack. Apache is used to pass off requests for ASP.NET pages to the embedded Mono application server.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Apache ASP .NET hosting using mod_mono, a module that allows
Apache to serve ASP .NET applications.
- mono-server4 is configured to use /var/www as the webroot
- Includes a MySQL .NET Connector.
- Interactive Mono CSharp shell.
- TurnKey Web Control panel with links to useful references and resources, and ASP .NET example pages.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, MySQL and Postfix.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://184.108.40.2069/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://220.127.116.119/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://18.104.22.1689:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 22.214.171.1249 with a valid IP or hostname.