bulek's picture

Hello,

I've accidentally emptied config file and would like to get content of original one...

I'm on

Welcome to Redmine, TurnKey Linux 12.0 / Debian 6.0.7 Squeeze

Any way to recreate this config file ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

etckeeper basically makes the whole etc directory under version control (git in the case of TKL).

So restoring your previous version of the config file should be a simple case of 'checking out' that file. Something like this should do the trick:

cd /etc
git checkout profftpd/profftpd.conf

Basically all the git commands will work (as etckeeper essentially makes /etc a git repository) so if you want to revert particular changes then you can do that too. A quick google turned up this page which looks like it could be pretty handy and give a few hints and clues...

bulek's picture

Hi,

I get error and I'm don't know if I can solve this...

root@redmine /etc# git checkout proftpd/proftpd.conf
fatal: object d62a9dc6e1d50c1945736e5f66d3859ff5bb3d8e is corrupted
root@redmine /etc#

Any way to solve this error ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Jeremy Davis's picture

I am not aware of a way to fix that specifically (although it may be possible). I'd probably be a little concerned about why/how it got corrupted in the first place... If you are self hosting (i.e. installed to bare metal on as a local VM) I would be running a disk check on the filesystem and some diagnostics on the HDD and RAM (of the host if a VM). However it is possible that it was just shutdown uncleanly (i.e. lost power while running). Perhaps a filesystem check/clean will fix this?

My next suggestion would be to just uninstall and reinstall ProFTPd...

Add new comment