Lionel Harris's picture

I've downloaded and installed on Hyper-V 2012 R2 and the distro runs well in a Gen 1 VM with dynamic memory. I'm very pleased as I'm a Windows guy more than a Linux guy and getting rtorrent/rutorrnet working on Ubuntu or CentOS via the various tutorials out there never seemed to workout for me. 

The base install reports three errors in ruTorrent under the log tab.  The errors are:

  • rss: Some functionality will be unavailable.  Webserver user can't access extermal program (curl).
  • mediainfo: Plugin will not work: rTorrent user can't acess external program (mediainfo).
  • screenshots: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can't acess external program (ffmpeg).

Now some of these are for plugins, but they appear to be included with the distro so I don't see why the supporting applications shouldn't be included.

The fixes for mediainfo and ffmpeg are easy and I followed some steps from a tutorial I was attempting to follow a while ago before I discovered that this distro had been updated to rTorrent.  See here:  <link removed as it triggered the spam filter>

apt-get install mediainfo
apt-get install libav-tools
ln -s /usr/bin/avconv /usr/bin/ffmpeg

For the curl error, I had a hard time fixing that and I fixed it in a way that I'd rather not, but I'm not super familiar with Linux so I imagine there's a better way to fix it.  Following this link <link removed as it triggered the spam filter>  I opened /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php and made the following changes to the curl line:

$pathToExternals = array(
    "php"   => '',        // Something like /usr/bin/php. If empty, will be found in PATH.
    "curl"  => '/usr/bin/curl', // Something like /usr/bin/curl. If empty, will be found in PATH.
     "gzip"  => '',        // Something like /usr/bin/gzip. If empty, will be found in PATH.
     "id"    => '',        // Something like /usr/bin/id. If empty, will be found in PATH.
     "stat"  => '',        // Something like /usr/bin/stat. If empty, will be found in PATH.

/usr/bin was already in the $PATH variable and was messing around with other stuff, but I really don't know the best way to make it so the webui can execute curl other than editing this file.

Is there anyway we can get these fixes or a better variation of them in the next release?

Thanks.

 

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Firstly apologies on the really slow reply. I've been working on the v14.1 release and have been offline to try to push it out...

Anyway, as it turns out I did almost exactly what you did to fix the issues. TBH I'm not sure why it didn't find curl when it should already be in the PATH; but I resorted the the same fix as you.

I actually did the libav fix slightly different; I adjusted the path (in /var/www/rutorrent/plugins/screenshots/conf.php) similar to the curl fix.

The new v14.1 appliance will not have these shortcomings. FWIW the fix looks a little different (as it's scripted) but you can see it here: https://github.com/turnkeylinux-apps/torrentserver/pull/4/files

user's picture

Thank you for sharing this information! I fixed ffmpeg error <3

Add new comment