Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Jenkins is an award-winning application that monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron. Among those things, current Jenkins focuses on building/testing software projects continuously (e.g., like CruiseControl) and monitoring executions of externally-run jobs.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Jenkins configurations:
- Jenkins is installed from the Long Term Support package
repository managed directly by the Jenkins project.
Security note: Updates to Jenkins may require supervision so they ARE NOT configured to install automatically. See below for updating Jenkins.
- Jenkins is preconfigured to use PAM authentication.
- Includes all popular VCS clients and related Jenkins plugins for Git, Bazaar, Mercurial and Subversion.
- JENKINS_HOME configured in environment: /var/local/lib/jenkins.
- Jenkins is installed from the Long Term Support package repository managed directly by the Jenkins project.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email (e.g. password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache and Postfix.
Supervised Manual Jenkins Update
To upgrade to the latest version of Jenkins from the command line:
apt-get update apt-get install jenkins
We recommend subscribing to the Jenkins Security Advisories mailing list
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
- Jenkins: default username is email set at first boot
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://126.96.36.1999/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://188.8.131.529/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://184.108.40.2069:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 220.127.116.119 with a valid IP or hostname.