Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
- Integrated SCM & Project Management
Trac is a web-based project management and bug-tracking tool. It allows hyperlinking information between a computer bug database, revision control and wiki content. It also serves as a web interface to the revision control systems Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Perforce and Darcs. Among the users of Trac is NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Trac configurations:
- Installed from package management. See /var/www for links to file paths.
- Supports Git, Mercurial and Subversion (Bazaar no longer supported).
- List repositories in web interface.
- Example helloworld repositories.
- Site wide authentication realm and admin user.
- Uses python-pygments for syntax highlighting.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2 and Postfix.
- Repository access:
Name Protocol access ---- --------------- Git git://addr/git/REPO Subversion svn://addr/svn/REPO Mercurial http://addr:8080/REPO Repositories are stored in /srv/repos.
To simplify creating new projects, we have included a helper script called trac-initproject. Please refer to the Trac documentation for usage notes on how to create and access projects.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for trac:
Login as username admin
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://220.127.116.119/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://18.104.22.1689/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 22.214.171.1249 with a valid IP or hostname.