Thu, 2012/08/30 - 10:24
- Initial public release of TurnKey Canvas.
- Canvas related:
- Canvas LMS and nodejs installed from latest upstream version. Redis server installed from Squeeze backports as required.
- Set Canvas admin password and email on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Set Canvas domain to serve on first boot (convenience).
- Pre-configured to use MySQL (recommended for production).
- Includes Canvas automated jobs daemon initscript (disabled by default).
- Includes Apache pre-configured with passenger support, with SSL support out of the box (performance, security).
- Regenerates all secrets during installation / firstboot (security).
- MySQL related:
- Set MySQL root password on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Force MySQL to use Unicode/UTF8.
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email (e.g. password recovery). Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
Major component versions
|canvas-lms||revision db0034c (upstream archive)|
|redis-server||2.4.15-1~bpo60+2 (backported package)|
Note: Please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.