Fri, 2009/10/23 - 15:35
- Initial public release of TurnKey ejabberd.
- SSL support out of the box.
- ejabberd configurations:
- Preconfigured with exemplary domain (example.com).
- Configured email@example.com as registration watcher.
- Includes custom ejabberd-config script to change domain and set admin password (included as part of installation).
- Enabled in-band user registration (usability, convenience).
- Enabled legacy SSL connection method (still required by some clients).
- Set erlang node: ejabberd@localhost (workaround mnesia hostname changes).
- Binded admin console to port 12322 - uses SSL.
- Enabled hardy-backports and pinned ejabberd for updates (security).
- speeqe configurations:
- Installed and configured to provide web chat interface.
- Configured ejabberd with anonymous access for speeqe to connect.
- Created ejabberd robot XMPP user for speeqe to list active rooms.
- Includes local JQuery library (internal deployment).
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from speeqe. Also includes webmin-postfix module for convenience.
- Regenerates all secrets during installation / firstboot (security).
Major component versions
Note: Please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.