Thu, 2012/08/30 - 09:24
- Initial public release of TurnKey Elgg, based on TKLPatch submitted by Rik Goldman and his students.
- Set Elgg admin password and email on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Set Elgg domain to serve on first boot (convenience).
- Regenerates all secrets during installation / firstboot (security).
- MySQL related:
- Set MySQL root password on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Force MySQL to use Unicode/UTF8.
- Includes PhpMyAdmin (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- SSL support out of the box.
- Includes php-xcache PHP opcode cacher / optimizer (performance).
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email (e.g. password recovery). Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
Major component versions
|elgg||1.8.5 (upstream archive)|
Note: Please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.