Fri, 2009/10/23 - 15:35
- Initial public release of TurnKey File Server.
- SSL support out of the box.
- File Server configurations:
- Preconfigured workgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: FILESERVER
- Configured samba user accounts to synchronize with UNIX user accounts.
- Configured root as administrative Samba user.
- Configured shares: - Users home directory. - Public storage. - CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
- eXtplorer configuration:
- Provides web interface to file server.
- Preconfigured admin and guest users.
- Includes vsftpd binded to localhost to provide net2ftp backend: - Provide users access to their home directories. - Workarounds permission issues with eXtplorer.
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
- Enabled multiverse Ubuntu repository so rar/unrar can be updated.
- Regenerates all secrets during installation / firstboot (security).
Major component versions
Note: Please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.