Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Free Active Directory Server
A Samba4-based Active Directory-compatible domain controller that supports printing services and centralized Netlogon authentication for Windows systems, without requiring Windows Server. Since 1992, Samba has provided a secure and stable free software re-implementation of standard Windows services and protocols (SMB/CIFS).
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Webmin modules for configuring Samba.
- Domain controller (Samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured NetBIOS name: PDC
- Sets domain/realm names on first boot
- Created administrator account is pre-set as Domain User/Admin
- Domain Admins have full permissions on the domain.
- Default permissions: owner full permissions.
- Configured plug-and-play printing support:
- Installed PDF printer (drops printed docs to $HOME/PDF).
- Configured cups web interface to bind to all interfaces and support SSL.
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- Includes TurnKey web control panel (convenience).
- See the Domain Controller documentation for limitations and requirements.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Samba: username administrator