Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Real-time document collaboration
Etherpad Lite is a real-time collaborative editor, sort of like a web-based multiplayer Notepad that allows groups of users to simultaneously edit a text document, with the ability to display each author's text in their own color. There is also a chat box in the sidebar to allow meta communication.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- EtherPad Lite configurations:
- Installed from latest version in upstream git repository to /opt/etherpad
- Pre-configured to use MySQL (recommended for production).
- Node.js configurations:
- Installed from latest upstream tarball (includes NPM, with npm-completion out-of-the-box).
- The nginx web server is pre-configured to proxy to nodejs daemon, with SSL support out of the box.
- Includes custom nodejs initscript for running node app as daemon.
- SSL support out of the box
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email. Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://188.8.131.529/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://184.108.40.2069/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://220.127.116.119:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 18.104.22.1689 with a valid IP or hostname.