RD Montgomery's picture
I'm interested in switching from bitnami; if nothing more than the servers their system builds are full of errors. For example a wordpress install, I had to go into the server, change the host name from the first assigned IP to my static IP... Then while building the site; there were a ton of permission errors causing nothing but problems. I'm just really concerned about the price. Bitnami is free, and I remain inside the AWS Free Tier... so what will that mean for my price here? With the little usage I have, that's why I chose to leave my webhost to AWS. So, I don't understand why I would pay more here than I would with the 5.00-- month for a paid webhost. Any help? Thanks in advance.
Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

It's here.

If you only want to run Micro servers (under whatever remains of your 'Free Tier') then you can have a 14 day free trial, and invite a friend to get it free ongoing (AWS charges still apply where relevant).

RD Montgomery's picture

I appreciate the fast reply.  I would love to invite a friend; however, I'm friendless and none of my friends are techies.  I have been reading it all day, the whole website.  It seems like a much better deal that bitnami; just assuming the packages install properly from the start instead of having to go in and change/fix everything.

I'll keep this all in mind.  Thanks again Jeremy

Kevin Cann's picture

This is a cold heartless world 90% of the time. Consider me your friend if that helps.

Kev

Kevin Cann

RD Montgomery's picture

Hey Kevin!

Could I interest you in a turnkey linux account ;)

Moving to a new city and getting settled always takes time. I'm just hoping this is the last time I have to move for work.

Thanks for your kind words

Kevin Cann's picture

I truly don't need any more than the 1 account with 2 micro servers I have.

Good luck on the move. I haven't moved in 6 years, and I'm hoping to bury my bones
under the tree in the back yard when the time comes.. don't want to move again!

Kev

Kevin Cann

Liraz Siri's picture

As Jeremy said, if you only need Micro server, you can get that for free by inviting a new user to the Hub. If you're a new AWS user you get the first year of micro server usage for 100% free as part of AWS's free tier. After that, if you reserve a micro server you can get it for as low as $7/month.

carlama25's picture

Good discussion!

Add new comment