L. Arnold's picture

I need an example of how to "include" and how to "exclude" a Database from a TKLBAM-RESTORE cycle.

(what is the exclude command?)  I can't get "  --limit=-(mysql:database) " to take when trying to exclude.  (edit:  I originally wrote that I can, but I CAN'T)

The Documentation on Limits says:

--limits=LIMITS: Restore filesystem or database limitations

LIMITS := " LIMIT -1 .. LIMIT -N"
LIMIT := -?( /path/to/include/or/exclude | mysql:database[/table])

I just got some limits to work "positively" ..  I am guessing right now I will take out the () parenthesis marks in my question above and just have a "-" minus sign before the mysql:  ie: 

--limit=-mysql:database

and

--limits=limit=-mysql:database,limit=-mysql:database2

Is this correct?  I can't test right now as I am waiting on TKLBAM-RESTORE to find one limited database..  Sure does take a while....   (Edit #2  I did get the Positive to Take but I lost my SSH Session so I can't read what I wrote..  Lets assume that the minus sign "-" directly before "mysql:database" gets it to work)

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

So can't give you any pointers.

L. Arnold's picture

The Limits worked for me in the end.  I also found that I could run a MySQL dump and move it across so that I had the tool to do an update of the Database.  The trick, I recall, was to restore a full application with an exclusion on the problem Database.  After that Run a SQL restore of the Database that was not restored from the Dump File that was actually moved with the files  (Can also be moved manually).

Always worth "increasing the max_packet_size" as outlined by Liraz in other post.  Might be worth making permanent in my.cfg but I have avoided that to guard aganst SQL injections.  That is a "hunch" but what I have done anyway.

Add new comment