Sensiva's picture

I am using TKL Mayan v16 container, and as per Mayan documentation & mayan config.yml logs are to be in /opt/mayan/media/error.log however that file is not there.

LOGGING_LOG_FILE_PATH: /opt/mayan-edms/media/error.log

I can see an existing directory /var/log/mayan/ but it is empty, also I see supervisor logs in /var/log/supervisor but I don't think it has all Mayan log entries.

Any ideas what am I missing?

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

TBH, I wasn't sure OTTOMH but after a quick bit of digging around, it appears that the default log location should be in /var/log/mayan.

In my searching it appears that logging can be configured within the Mayan config (apparently both within the UI and within it's config file(s)). The main config file appears to be /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mayan.conf

Sensiva's picture

Thanks for your reply J.

/var/log/mayan is empty.

And this location is neither defined in supervisor confs (supervisor.conf, mayan.conf) nor in Mayan settings file (config.yml)

LOGGING_LEVEL: ERROR
LOGGING_LOG_FILE_PATH: /opt/mayan-edms/media/error.log

Jeremy Davis's picture

Ok so /var/log/mayan is empty. Does /opt/mayan-edms/media/error.log looks like it contains anything of interest? Or the supervisor confs contain any other paths worth noting?

Regardless, we should either make sure that /var/log/mayan is a symlink to wherever the logs really are; or reconfigure the server so that /var/log/mayan is used. We should also update the logrotate config so that the real log files are rotated...

If you have any further info, I'd love to add it to the issue that I've just opened.

Sensiva's picture

Great, would you please double check the issue URL , because it is linking to my comment :D

Sensiva's picture

Never mind, I found it here

Jeremy Davis's picture

I'm not sure how I managed to do that?! Anyway, thanks for posting back with the link. I fixed my earlier post now. If you have anything more to add re the logs, please do!

Add new comment