arbel's picture

Hay

I am using the Turnkey MediaWiki's live cd, and in English every thing is going well. but when I try to use Hebrew, I get a mysql error that I am mixing illegal charecters. So I cant search and I can't link to other pages. is there a way to install Hebrew support?

My other question is:

Is there a GUI to the TurnKey MediaWiki? all I got is a terminal view...

Thanks

Arbel

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

Thanks for reporting this, I have filed a bug report on launchpad - you can subscribe to it to get updates.

Regarding your GUI question, our appliances are currently optimized for server role tasks, and as such don't come with a full-blown desktop environment - even though you can install one (apt-get install ubuntu-desktop), it is generally not done on linux servers.

An appliance is intended to be administered remotely from another computer via the web management interface and SSH service.
Alon Swartz's picture

I have confirmed and debugged the issue - see the bug report for more information and a fix.
arbel's picture

I installed turnkey mediawiki and I don't have the login detailes, when I installed it I Was asked for the root password and not for a user name... Arbel
Alon Swartz's picture

The default credentials are available in the release notes.

When installing an appliance, you will be asked to supply a new password for the root user (which I assume you are referring to). Once the system has been installed, you can then login with the username root and the password you set during installation.

I hope this answers your question.
arbel's picture

I am sorry, but I don't know how to turn that value to true, and I can't install the ubuntu desktop, I get the message that it cant find the package. thanks for the VERY quiqe respond... Arbel
Alon Swartz's picture

setting the value to false

1. log into the appliance as root, with the password you set during installation.

2. at the prompt, type the following exactly:
sed --in-place "s/\$wgDBmysql5 = true;/\$wgDBmysql = false;/" /etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php
3. verify the value was changed to false
grep wgDBmysql5 /etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php
ubuntu-desktop

I wouldn't install ubuntu-desktop on a server as I already mentioned above. If you insist, you need to update the package cache prior to installing ubuntu-desktop:
Please read this before installing ubuntu-desktop
apt-get update
Rather, connect to the web management interface from your browser using https://appliance_ip:10000 as described in the configuration console.

Refer to the screenshots to see what I am talking about.

Add new comment