bulek's picture

Hi,

are packages that are meant to be installed installed together with their dependencies or should I deal with this in some other way ? if yes, which one is the easiest? 

Also: if I have a file in overlay that is of the same name/path as existing - will it replace it ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

Yes, overlays overwrite existing files. That's sort of the point.

Debian packages in debs/ are installed with dpkg -i, not apt-get so you don't get automatic dependency resolution. I updated the documentation to make that more clear. If you want to install packages from a repository with full dependency resolution it's best to use apt-get in the configuration script:

apt-get update
apt-get install foobar
Cheers
bulek's picture

Hi,

thanks for response. Can I apt-get install from custom created-added packages in Turnkey debs directory or anywhere else ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,
Bulek.

Liraz Siri's picture

If you take a look at the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ you'll see where apt-get is configured to get packages from. In TurnKey, apt is configured by default to get packages from the Ubuntu package repository and from the TurnKey package repository.

There's a tutorial about package installation in the community documentation you might want to take a look at.

Add new comment