under webmin - system - software package updates -

I have run the updates once without issue - on the the second time doing the updates I got the following error:

No packages were installed. Check the messages above for the cause of the error.

HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed 
Server: MiniServ/0.01 
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 22:47:30 GMT 
Content-type: text/html
Connection: close

Error - Perl execution failed
Undefined subroutine &proc::get_kernel_info called at 
/usr/share/webmin/system-status/system-status-lib.pl line 37.

Any ideas???

Forum: 
Neil Aggarwal's picture

Did you select distribution upgrade or normal upgrade?

I installed a fresh copy of the LAMP appliance and did a normal upgrade.  It seems Webmin crashed by was able to perform the upgrade.  After I restarted Webmin and went back to do a normal upgrade, it tells me there are not packages to upgrade.

Maybe your system is in a half-upgraded state.  Does rebooting it help?

I was in webmin - went to - software package updates - then to - only updates....

I did two reboots - made no difference - ran the same "updates only" and got the same error message.

Liraz Siri's picture

Occasionally packages will want to prompt the user interactively during an upgrade. That happens usually when there is a configuration file to be updated. It asks the user what to do about it.

It's possible to suppress this behavior, but maybe Webmin doesn't know how to do that. That might be a bug...

In the meantime, just upgrade your packages from the command line. See the documentation here. Also you can fix a broken update like this:

apt-get --fix-broken install

Add new comment