Chris's picture

Since roundup-server was deactivated in favor of Apache2, I am missing a guide to run multiple trackers with roundup appliance.

I need to run three trackers independently within the same virtual machine.

Is this possible in the way that it was with roundup-server?

Forum: 
Chris's picture

The roundup installation notes describe the way Apache can be used as server.

See:

http://roundup.sourceforge.net/docs/installation.html#installation  (in pararagraph "Apache HTTP Server with mod_python")

There is an example mod_python configuration. The problem is, that there is no file

/etc/apache2/mods-available/mod_python.conf

which I can edit the way descibed. If I create that file it is not used while restarting Apache2.

What am I missing?

Alon Swartz's picture

The roundup apache configuration file you are looking for is located here:
/etc/roundup/apache.conf
Hope that helps.
Chris's picture

Thanks Alon! That helped indeed. =)

You can add trackers by

roundup-admin install

Then you have to modify the config.ini within that new trackers directory to your needs.

roundup-admin initialise

chown www-data /path/to/tracker/db -R

chgrp www-data /path/to/tracker/db -R

Next step would then be to change the two AliasMatch lines in '/etc/roundup/apache.conf'  to:

AliasMatch ^/(.+)/@@file/(.*) /var/lib/roundup/$1/html/$2
AliasMatch ^/([^/]+)/(?!@@file/)(.*) /var/lib/roundup/$1/dummy.py/$2

Apache2 restart is required

Then you can access the installed trackers with base URL followed by trackername.

But I still have a problem when I want to log onto the new installed tracker via the web-interface.

It doesn't come up with an error message while entering credentials but doesn't show up username either! Instead it shows credential fields again.

Any ideas?

Chris's picture

Solution for not being able to log in was that I set up two trackers with same prefix in path and did not set web-variable properly in the trackers' config.ini.

Chris's picture

Adding this line to /etc/roundup/apache.conf won't hurt either, according to the roundup installation notes:

# roundup requires a slash after tracker name - add it if missing
RedirectMatch permanent ^/([^/]+)$ /$1/

Chris's picture

Are you using a turnkey LAMP Appliance as base?

Which documentation are you referring to by "section in the documentation for Apache HTTP Server with mod_python" (+ link)?

Chris's picture

To find a file named "apache.conf" within your linux type this

sudo find / | grep apache.conf

(root-Password needs to be entered thereafter)

If you know any word (e.g. "hello") within a file to be found you can search like this:

grep -rsniH hello /

Add new comment