K Y's picture

Hi,

I'm using turnkey bugzilla via EC2; I have instance up and running and using off line storage instance as well, I've run the ebs scripts, all is well.

Now I want to add a user and it doesn't work. My gut tells me it has to do with the etc/ linked to /vol/ as part of making the config data and such persistent using the separate storage instance.

root@xxxxx:~# useradd -c "Jow Schmoe" joe
useradd: cannot rewrite password file
root@xxxxx:~#

I then used adduser instead as follows:

root@xxxxx:~# adduser joe
Adding user `joe' ...
Adding new group `joe' (1001) ...
groupadd: cannot rewrite group file
adduser: `/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1001 joe' returned error code 10. Exiting.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

K

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

Please note that the ebsmount-scripts are experimental. You can only go so far with mount binds and symlinks...

Depending on your use-case, you might want to remove some ebsmount scripts that cause problems, and instead leverage inithooks to set up the required configuration next time you attach the ebs.

BTW, we are working on a much more elaborate and stable solution for backup (and migration), which will eventually replace the ebsmount-scripts.

Thanks for bearing with our first batch of EC2 builds, and helping fix the issues. If you find any other issues with the ebsmount-scripts, please let us know so we can issue updates so others aren't effected, at least until our new solution is released.

Add new comment