Dan Kruitz's picture

I've got ESX experience, but am trying an ESXi 3.5 for the first time on an old Power Edge 2650, and am trying to install the Twiki appliance - I can copy the machine files to the server and add the .vmx file to inventory, but the appliance does not run.  ("The attempted operation cannot be performed in the current state (OFF)"  Is there a different way to install the appliance?  I tried the Virtual Appliance / Import feature but it failed with an error, and I can't seem to find any documentation on here about actually installing the appliance

Do I need to be on ESXi 4.0 instead of 3.5?  The box is old and not 64-bit hence the reason for trying 3.5.

Any tips or help is appreciated!

Dan

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

But I was under the impression that the VMs needed to be 'imported' using the OVF file? Have you tried that?

Also it may not be relevant but there is a note re OVF and ESX 4.0 in the documentation that may be worth a glance.

Liraz Siri's picture

You just point VMWare to the VMX file inside the ZIP file. In this regard the TurnKey VM images are the same as any other VM image that you might download from the VMWare appliance marketplace...

Add new comment