Craig Stevens's picture
Hi, I've recently downloaded and installed turnkey mediawiki. I've got the site all up and running and have got SSL enabled. When I try and get the LDAP plugin working so that Users can login to my wiki and Auth with my AD server I seem to always get invalid username/password. I cant see the request hit my AD server either. I've downloaded the latest LDAP auth. I've tested php as well and it seems to be ok. I'm really stuck. Heres some of my code require_once( "$IP/extensions/LdapAuthentication/LdapAuthentication.php" ); $wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin(); $wgLDAPDomainNames = array("adserver.local"); $wgLDAPServerNames = array ("adserver.local"=>"adserver.local"); $wgLDAPSearchStrings = array("adserver.local"=>"adserver.local\\USER-NAME"); $wgLDAPEncryptionType = array('adserver.local' => 'clear'); $wgLDAPAddLDAPUsers = false; $wgLDAPUpdateLDAP = false; $wgLDAPMailPassword = false; $wgLDAPRetrievePrefs = false; $wgLDAPMinimalPasswordLength = 6; $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
Forum: 
Ian McNee's picture

Hi Craig

I'm having a very similar problem. Have you found a solution? We have a plain-vanilla Ubuntu server with a regular install of MediaWiki using this kind of configuration and the LDAP authentication plugin agains AD and that works fine. I wonder if the Linux appliance itself needs LDAP and Kerberos installed, any ideas?

Ian

Add new comment