I'm stumped. I created a backup of my MediaWiki from within Virtual Box using TKLBAM from the command line. I followed the "How to" for migrating to EC2. All looks good, with no reported errors, but when I test the appliance from the cloud, I get this error: A database error has occurred Query: SELECT lc_value FROM `l10n_cache` WHERE lc_lang = 'en' AND lc_key = 'deps' LIMIT 1 Function: LCStore_DB::get Error: 1146 Table 'wiki_db.l10n_cache' doesn't exist (localhost) Any ideas? I have been working on this for a few days now and I'm stumped.
Forum: 
Tags: 

A little more info...my configuration is TKL-MW OOTB, except for some added extensions (Semantic MW, Semantic Forms, SemanticResultFormats) and required changes to the LocalSettings.php file. Everything works like a champ in VirtualBox, but I can't migrate to the cloud without the above database error.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Out of curiosity have you tried migrating from one VBox instance to another to try to point-point the issue?

Jeremy Davis's picture

Unfortunately at the moment EC2 only supports the stable (v2009.10-2) release so that could be the problem? See a post by Liraz here.

JedMeister, I exported the appliance from VBox and it worked. I was running v2009.10-2. I say "was" because I realized that I was spending so much time trying to solve this problem that I figured it would be easier to start over. I am a Linux noob and undoubtedly broke something when I installed extensions and personalized my MW.

That said, when I started fresh, I used the iso of rc11 to create a VM in VBox. I then tweaked this to my heart's content, backed up and migrated to the cloud (using EC2 (v2009.10-2))...and it all just worked!

Thanks mate for all your helpful posts on this forum.

Jeremy Davis's picture

And interesting to know that it all seems to work even though you in effect migrated backwards from 11RC to 2009.10-2. Its not something I'd generally recommend, but sounds like it worked sweet in this instance so that's awesome! :)

Add new comment