techpreneur's picture

Anyone have a turnkey hub account? I type in the secret access key from amazon and I recieve this error. Required length is 40 characters Also, where do I find my access key ID?

Forum: 
Tags: 
techpreneur's picture

Log into your appliance's command line as root (e.g., via the console, SSH or web shell) and do the following steps:

1. Install tklbam (TurnKey Linux Backup and Migration)
apt-get update
apt-get install tklbam
2. Initialize tklbam by providing it with the Hub API Key (incl. below):
tklbam-init #################
3. Perform your first backup.
tklbam-backup
It's that simple. Unless you want to set a passphrase or change defaults, no arguments or additional configuration required.

When the backup completes, you'll be able to manage a new backup record in the Backups Dashboard.

Tip: configure daily automatic backups
chmod +x /etc/cron.daily/tklbam-backup

How do I access my server?

Alon Swartz's picture

From your first question, I'm assuming you used your Amazon login password and not the secret access key, hence the 40 chat requirement. When adding an Amazon Account in the Hub, click on the Help link, which will render a popup explaining how to get your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key from Amazon including screenshots to help you along.

Regarding your second question, if I understand correctly, once you launch a server you can access it via SSH on the command line, or use the webshell (https://IP_ADDRESS:12320). We also recommend using the TKLBAM webmin module for new users.

The appliances currently available for launch on Amazon EC2 are based on Hardy, so you'll need to install TKLBAM (as you mentioned above), then to install the TKLBAM webmin module you'll do:

apt-get update
apt-get install webmin-tklbam

Then you can log into Webmin (https://IP_ADDRESS:12321) and click "Backup and Migration".

The upcoming 11.0 release will include TKLBAM and the webmin module pre-installed, and when launching from the Hub the servers will be pre-initialized with your Hub API Key to make the process much more streamlined.

I hope the above answers your questions.

Add new comment