Greg's picture

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me with this problem.

I downloaded turnkey-moodle-11.1-lucid-x86-vmdk yesterday, i managed to set everything up no problem i can access the Moodle website from our LAN but now i would like to access it from the internet using dyndns or something. what i have done is installed pppoeconf & set everything up

I tried to connect to the ppp0 connection through the ip address I found from  doing a ifconfig, but it does not seem to be working everything is default i have only added was

Accept If input interface is ppp0

could someone please let mem know how to get this working

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

If you just use a NAT'd modem/router type thing then you just need to port forward whichever ports you want to use and it should all just work.

Greg's picture

Ye thats what i thought as well but i am having trouble with my D-link router not forwarding ports ATM

that is why i am bridging it & trying to get port forwarding working on a linux box until D-links support can sort it out for me.

Is there no other way you can think of?

Jeremy Davis's picture

First thing you could try (if your modem/router supports it) is to allocate your TKL as DMZ, obviously that raises the possibility of security issues although assuming you use a pretty good root password and disable and/or firewall any services you aren't using (TKL firewall is not enabled by default - have a read up on IPtables if you are unfamilar with Linux firewall setups, although IIRC there is a Webmin module for it) it should be an acceptable risk.

Jeremy Davis's picture

First thing you could try (if your modem/router supports it) is to allocate your TKL as DMZ, obviously that raises the possibility of security issues although assuming you use a pretty good root password and disable and/or firewall any services you aren't using (TKL firewall is not enabled by default - have a read up on IPtables if you are unfamilar with Linux firewall setups, although IIRC there is a Webmin module for it) it should be an acceptable risk.

Add new comment