jjdactyl's picture
Thanks in advance for the help, everyone. I just installed the Wordpress appliance on a VirtualBox- I already have a Wordpress blog. How do I incorporate my existing Wordpress usernames/passwords into the admin dashboard? Is that even possible?
Forum: 
Tags: 
jjdactyl's picture

I have one hosted on Wordpress.com- I can delete it and start over, but I can't use the same name if I do. I don't have access to the database, that I know of, because I'm not hosting it. (As far as I can understand, but please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Jeremy Davis's picture

But you probably need to consider what will work best for you. I'm a huge fan of TKL but in some situations it may not be the best option available to you.

Regardless google has lots to say about migrating from WordPress.com (hosted) to WordPress.org (self or 3rd party hosted) so there is plenty of info out there.

Please don't take this post as a fob off, it's just that I don't know a lot about it and rather than lead you astray with guesses...

Good luck

Tom Copeland's picture

Hey Jeremy,

I'm trying to access FTP or SFTP using Filezilla. I've gotten as far as downloading PuTTy and logging in, but I don't know what to do from here. Any pointers?

Also, I may be throwing darts here, but I was able to connet to sftp://xx.xxx.xxx.xx using root, password, and port 22, but the files in the screenshot below look unfamiliar. Any explanations?

Thanks!

Tom

Jeremy Davis's picture

Is to use the included phpMyAdmin WebUI (port 12322 OTTOMH but best to double check).

For more general TKL questions probably best to either find a more relevant thread to post on, or better still start your own, rather than hijack someone elses.

PS Sorry for slow reply - I've been away and slowly getting back through the posts.

Add new comment