Forum: 
Tags: 

MySQL Backup and Restore Fail

Mark Mills's picture

Hi

I'm still restoring my server and have got to the MySQL databases for MediaWiki and Moodle.  On the old appliance, I set up a scheduled backup for MySQL from the MySQL server module and let it happily chug away.  Now when I restore the MySQL backups to the new, clean server, I get errors in MediaWiki and Moodle which I've traced to the backup sql files having omitted the 'Auto_increment' extra on a number of primary keys.

*Despair* since I only had the backup sql files until I realised that I could just restore the databases onto a clean VM from TKLBAM (Thankyou!).  So I check the restored databases and the auto_increment primary keys are correct.  I run another backup through MySQL, ticking all the boxes in other backup options (Key, table, field) which I assume would generate the Auto_increment extra in the correct fields ... but it does not.

For instance, original SQL for the 'text' table in MediaWiki ...

CREATE TABLE `text` (
  `old_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `old_text` mediumblob NOT NULL,
  `old_flags` tinyblob NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`old_id`)

... SQL in dumped SQL file ...

CREATE TABLE `text` (
  `old_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `old_text` mediumblob NOT NULL,
  `old_flags` tinyblob NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`old_id`)

I can't see any other options in the MySQL backup form so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Help!

Mark

Mark Mills's picture

I could have done with reading the webmin page more carefully when it says 'Structure information to EXCLUDE' rather than 'INCLUDE'. 

Sorry - problem fixed ...

Mark

Post new comment