Shon Gale's picture

Where is Apache?? This is wierd, you google Apache 2 Forum and get an ISP??? Are you Apache?? Where is Apaches Forums? Only a real Apache expert can help me. I tried all the other so-called Apache Forums and nobody could answer my question. Maybe I will take a chance.

I have a site called www.inwoon.net

I am only allowed 1 domain name and unlimited sub-domains. So my bright idea is to host lots of sites and relate them to their subdomain name.

drwxrwxr-x.  6 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Jan 25 09:47 3-gen
drwxrwxr-x.  5 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Jan 25 09:47 emanon
drwxrwxr-x.  5 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Jan 25 09:48 FreeWillRadio
drwxr-xr-x  11 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Jan 25 09:52 inwoon
drwxr-xr-x   8 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Jan 25 09:43 itssoezy
drwxrwxr-x.  6 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Jan 25 10:01 paully
drwxrwxr-x.  2 ftpuser  ftpgroup 4096 Aug 10 18:25 y2kxn

So far I have 3-gen.net, emanongroup.net, FreeWillRadio.org, www.inwoon.net itssoezy.net and paullysongsmith.com using subdomains.

I have each subdomain setup as a virtual host using Apache 2.2.15

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/inwoon"
ServerName localhost.localdomain
ServerAlias localhost
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/itssoezy/logs/inwoon_error_log.txt
LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/inwoon"
ServerName www.inwoon.net
ServerAlias www.inwoon.net
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/inwoon/logs/inwoon_error_log.txt
LogLevel error
ServerAdmin manager@emanongroup.net
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/emanon"
ServerName www.emanongroup.net
ServerAlias emanon.inwoon.net
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/emanon/logs/emanon_error_log.txt
LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/itssoezy"
ServerName www.itssoezy.net
ServerAlias itssoezy.inwoon.net
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/itssoezy/logs/itssoezy_error_log.txt
LogLevel error
ServerAdmin manager@emanongroup.net
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/3-gen"
ServerName www.3-gen.net
ServerAlias 3-gen.inwoon.net
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/3-gen/logs/3-gen_error_log.txt
LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/FreeWillRadio"
ServerName www.freewillradio.org
ServerAlias freewillradio.inwoon.org
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/FreeWillRadio/logs/freewill_error_log.txt
LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/web/paully"
ServerName www.paullysongsmith.com
ServerAlias *.paullysongsmith.com
ErrorLog /var/www/html/web/paully/logs/paully_error_log.txt
LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>

This is where I am stuck. When I put www.inwoon.net through the Sitemap Generator at http://www.auditmypc.com/xml-sitemap.asp it works great.
But when I put itsSOezy.net or any of my subdomains through the Sitemap Generator it reports that the site index.php is a frame and errors out and goes no furthur.
I have been through 5 forums supposedly dealing with Apache and have had no luck figuring this out.
Anybody????
By the way nice editor!!
Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Only a mailing list, and some pretty good documentation. Have a look here.

Keep in mind that Ubuntu/Debian (TKL v11.x is based on Ubuntu 10.04) have a slightly non-standard setup so the Ubuntu forum is possibly a good place to ask question.

I'm certainly no Apache expert, but I think your problem is a DNS one, rather than an Apache one. At a quick glance your apache config looks fair, but you still need to have each of the domains pointing to your IP. The way you have them set up currently, they are separate domains, not sub-domains (despite the fact that they have those aliases). If you want to use domains then you'll still need to have the domains point to your server via DNS. Otherwise there is no path to your server.

Eric (tssgery)'s picture

I don't think this is an apache issue at all. All the DNS records seem to resolve fine and apache is serving the pages correctly.

What makes you think it's apache instead of your site, provider or the sitemap generator?

lulo lulito's picture

I agree with Jeremy, i had serious DNS problems when I self hosted my domain U-Pull-It, at first it worked perfect when I had just one domain, but when I added subdomains and other domains to the same host ie subdomain1.u-pull-it-junkyard.com or my new site I wanted to host pick-and-pull.com then things went down hill. because the dns were not being refresh automatically, every time I created a subdomain or setup a new virtual host(domain) i had to restart apache. then it would recognize the dns changes and the sites will work.

so next time you have a problem you may need to restart apache by doing command:

$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

or

# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Jeremy Davis's picture

I suggest you start a new thread. Your post is not at all relevant to this thread.

Also for the record TKL ASP.NET does not support older style ASP pages (see the Mono FAQ).

Add new comment