LeMOGO's picture

I've been exploring the various TK appliances. While working with vTiger, I had to setup cron a job fro emails to be generated. I did so from webmin and all looks right. However, the cron did not seem to run. When I upgraded to the latest version of vTiger because I thought that the one in the TK appliance was too old and the newer version would probably work. After upgrading with a data migration, I experienced the same problem.

I recreated the cron and it still would not run. When running it manually, the software generates the emails as it should, which led me to realize that even though the cron job is set, it does not get launched.

Is there anything I need to do?

Forum: 
LeMOGO's picture

I used webmin to configure the cron jobs and did not relize that the "All" selection in all fields did not work. I changed to "Selected" and CTL+clicked every 5 mins. Works now.

Jeremy Davis's picture

But something else for the record, is that often cron doesn't know the path to scripts you wish to run. Just because something runs from the commandline doesn't necessarily mean that cron will be able to find it. You can import your paths (ie the root user's) into cron, but I've never actually tried that, I just use the full path for scripts I wish to run.

Add new comment