ethanthekiwi's picture

I downloaded the ProcessMaker image to run on VMware. I found it was running ProcessMaker 2.0 and the latest version, 2.5.1, from source forge and started running though this guide from their Wiki. I got stuck at this command that I need to run.

cd /var/www/processmaker
./processmaker upgrade

-bash: ./processmaker: is a directory

The when I run the last line, it tells me ./processmaker is a directory. The instructions say that this could be an issue with php-cli.

If an error message appears such as "/usr/bin/env: php: No such file or directory", then make sure that the PHP Command Line Interface is installed (whose package is named php-cli in Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora and php5-cli in Debian/Ubuntu). If PHP-CLI is already installed, then it is not installed in a location found in your $PATH, so use the full path when executing PHP-CLI:

They suggest running:

/PHP-PATH/php -f processmaker upgrade

But I am not sure what that path would be. 

I have run 

apt-get install php5-cli

And it tells me that I have php-cli. I also tried running

php5 ./processmaker upgrade

And it doesn't give me an error, but it doesn't start outputting all the code that it is supposed to. I believe I am missing something simple in the sytax. If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. 

Forum: 
Liliana's picture

which distribution are you using?, I think you were checking an old documentation, check this documentation http://wiki.processmaker.com/index.php/2.0/Upgrading_ProcessMaker#Upgrading_ProcessMaker_2.0

It explains the upgrade command on versions 2.0 and later.

Regards.

ethanthekiwi's picture

I figured it out in the end. I accidentally copied to files too deep in the directory, then when I copied them to the correct directory, there was a file with no extension called "processmaker" that didn't copy because there was a directory called processmaker in that folder. 

In the end I reverted the snapshot in VMware and started over and things work fine. Thanks for replying though.

Liliana's picture

Oh that's great, everything you need with ProcessMaker just let me know

Best Regards.

ethanthekiwi's picture

Thanks for your help @liliana. I do have some more questions, but I will direct them to the Processmaker forum. I've tried to post there a couple times and it tells me that I need to be approved by a moderator. As far as I can tell, that hasn't happened yet. I'm going to go out on a limb and gues that your the same  liliana from the Processmaker forum. Would you be able to check on my account there? I have the same username there, ethanthekiwi. 

Liliana's picture

Well, I'm ProcessMaker forum administrator, so I'll check your posts and I'll come back to you with some answers :)

Liliana's picture

I reactivated your account, could youn please post your questions? I need to approved only one,  and then you will be able to post without any approval.

Reagards.

Ethan Presberg's picture

Hi,

Glad you got it all sorted. If you ever have trouble with ProcessMaker reporting tables in a WHM or CPanel enviornment, check out this how to guide to fix it!

http://www.empsystems.net/blog/processmaker-reporting-table-whmcpanel

You will also find other resources there relating to process management software, but mostly about processmaker and other bpm conceptes in depth too!

http://www.empsystems.net/

Add new comment