Per-Ola Mård's picture

I have been tinkering with the TKL LXC and I am very impressed. It inspired me to attempt to set up 256 wordpress servers in 16 LXC machines and see how much these can take in terms of access etc.

I have a few questions though. If I wanted to automatically bring all my "contained" wordpress servers up at the time o reboot of the LXC appliance (I have 16 wordpress sites in each LXC server). What would you say is best practice when taking them all down at the time of LXC shutdown and bringing them all up at the time of booting the LXC server?

When I am scripting them all to start in sequence (lxc-start -n n01wp01 -d; lcx-start -n n01wp02 -d; ... and so on) I am getting an error like so:

root@lxc ~/drcode# ./mk16wp.sh
lxc-start: no configuration file for '/sbin/init' (may crash the host)

The content of the mk16wp.sh is simply:
lxc-start -n n01wp2 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp3 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp4 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp5 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp6 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp7 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp8 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp9 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp10 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp11 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp12 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp13 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp14 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp15 -d
lxc-start -n n01wp16 -d
Please advice.

Cheers,
   ///peo
Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

My container experience is limited to OVZ...

However a quick google suggests that this error is happening as it is expecting a config file (see here). When no config file is noted it defaults to the generic config file which supposedly should be available from /sbin/init. It sounds like the generic config file doesn't exist... Perhaps this is a bug? What do you think?

Add new comment