Frank Oberle's picture

Hi:

I just downloaded the turnkey-wordpress-13.0-wheezy-amd64.vmdk and added it to my Oracle VM VirtualBox manager. It went through its whole process of updating things on line, so the installation apparently went ok.

So it appears now that I have a Wheezy Linux appliance installed. So far so good.

When I rebooted it to start fresh and insure that things were ok, the first issue I ran into was that it asked for a user id when logging in. After several attempts, I decided to just try "root" (duh!) so now I can see things.

But I searched around to no avail to locate anything having to do with WordPress - which was the reason I downloaded the thing in the first place.

What am I missing? Is there some other user I don't know about? I attempted using things like "wordpress" and even just "wp" but those are apparently not the answer. I entered a variety of passwords during setup, but where do I use them? Do I need to do any more initialization (e.g. in mySql or someplace)?

Can anyone help, or point me to some documentation other than the vmdk installation instructions?

Thanks much ...

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

But unless you want to tweak the files themselves, you probably just want to open a local web browser and go to http://ip-of-vm

Add new comment